How to apply for the library card?
- If you are the citizen of Republic of China, please bring your original National ID Card or driving license to apply. You can bring the original of your household registration for applying if you don’t have a national ID.
- If you have the library card from the Public Library Alliance (“Alliance), you don’t need to apply for our library card.
- If children under 12 would like to apply for the library card, one of their parents or their statutory guardian needs to bring their original identity document and the household registration to apply for it on behalf of them.
- Foreign nationals and Overseas Chinese should bring their original passport or residence permit, and people from Hong Kong, Macao, and Mainland China should bring their original exit permit of Exit & Entry Permit Taiwan, Republic of China for applying the library card. In principle, the service life of the library card is limited to the limit of one’s stay in Taiwan, and the longest time is one year. If the library card exceeds the service life, foreigners should bring their original one and ID document to our library, and our librarian will recheck their data to allow them to keep using.
- Readers should proceed to our service counter to apply for the personal library card in person. If you entrust your spouses or partner, blood relatives up to the third degree of consanguinity or kinship to apply, they should bring an letter of authorization, the original of their and your identity document to prove the consanguinity or kinship may. If you are a blood relation or the spouse, you don’t have to show the letter of authorization
- Disabled people should show a letter of authorization, the original of the Disability Card, and the original of trustee’s identity document if they entrust non-relatives to apply for the library card for them. Disabled people can also send a copy of their Disability Card and image file via mail or email for applying.
- Readers can apply for a first issue, renewal, or reissue of their personal library card by bringing traffic e-tickets, such as iPass, EasyCard, etc.
- Readers have to cover the cost of production if applying for our RFID Smart Library Card, and we will charge our applicable fees.
- Deposit, value storage and refund, damage to and loss of RFID Smart Library Cards are handled in accordance with the regulations.