Skip to Main Content
Checkout & New Book Inquiry
- National Library of Public Information has formed the “Public Library Alliance” with district libraries of Taichung City Government in providing “One-card for All” and book circulation services. Readers can checkout books from any library from the alliance with the library card of any library. The reader’s checkout records from different libraries will be calculated separately.
- Readers can look up their personal checkout records with the Library’s Online Public Access Catalogue (https://ipac.nlpi.edu.tw/). Enter your ID card number or library card number at the “Reader’s Account” section page and enter your password at the “Password” column. (Default password is a four-number password of the reader’s date of birth. For example, if the reader’s birthday is Aug. 1, the password will be 0801.)
- Forgot Password: If readers forget their password, they can click on “Forgot Password” and enter their reader’s account and name. We will e-mail your password to the e-mail address you have left when applying for the library card. If the reader did not leave an e-mail address when applying for their library card, please contact us in person or by telephone.
- If you encounter any problems when signing into the system, please contact National Library of Public Information by telephone (04-22625100 EXT 1111) to contact our librarians.
- 1.In general, new books arrive once a week and the library staffs will pick around 20 books for weekly new book exhibitions. Selected books will be displayed at the first floor service counter of the main library. Rest of the new books will be placed directly on shelves for circulation.
- 2.Readers can use the Online Public Access Catalogue to browse through new arrival books/videos (https://ipac.nlpi.edu.tw/newArrivals).