Skip to Main Content
Checkout & New Book Inquiry
- National Library of Public Information has formed the “Public Library Alliance” with district libraries of Taichung City Government in providing “One-card for All” and book circulation services. Readers can checkout books from any library from the alliance with the library card of any library. The reader’s checkout records from different libraries will be calculated separately.
- Readers can look up their personal checkout records with the Library’s Online Public Access Catalogue (http://ipac.nlpi.edu.tw). Enter your ID card number or library card number at the “Reader’s Account” section page and enter your password at the “Password” column. (Default password is a four-number password of the reader’s date of birth. For example, if the reader’s birthday is Aug. 1, the password will be 0801.)
- Forgot Password: If readers forget their password, they can click on “Forgot Password” and enter their reader’s account and name. We will e-mail your password to the e-mail address you have left when applying for the library card. If the reader did not leave an e-mail address when applying for their library card, please contact us in person or by telephone.
- If you encounter any problems when signing into the system, please contact National Library of Public Information by telephone (04-22625100 EXT 1111) to contact our librarians.
- In principle, the main library will provide new books weekly and will pick about 20 books for weekly new book exhibitions. Those books will be displayed at the 5th floor service counter of the main library. The remaining new books will be on the shelves for circulation.
- Readers can refer to the Online Public Access Catalogue to look up new books/videos (http://ipac.nlpi.edu.tw/nbi_spydus.html) to look up new arrival books or video-audio materials of different genres and at different branch libraries within a certain period of time. For further operation procedure, please refer to the “New Book Inquiry Operation Procedure” enclosed below.